Autumn is here and who doesn’t love a good apple pie this time of year?!
Today I am sharing a recipe for one of the easiest but delicious apple slab pies!
I made this pie from puff pastry I bought in store, you can make it from scratch if you like that. The apples are topped/filled with sweet jarred cherries, but you can use blueberries, cranberries or other berries of your choice.
- puff pastry for one pie
- 3-4 sweet apples
- jarred cherries or berries
- 200g sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 30g sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (392°F).
- Grease your cake pan with some butter. Roll out your puff pastry, place it on your rolling pin and unroll it in the cake pan.
- Now you make the creamy filling. Put the sour cream, cornstarch, sugar and egg yolk in a saucepan and put it on high heat while constanly stirring with a whisk until it is creamy. You can also add the juice of the jarred cherris in it if you like that.
- Coat the puff pastry with the cream filling.
- Peel, core and slice the apples. Place them on top of the filling and top the slices with a cherry.
- Put in the oven for 20 minutes. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top and place in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Enjoy your pie!
This is the easiest apple slab pie! I love the sour cream filling in combination with the flaky pastry and the caramelized sugar.
We hope you try this recipe and enjoy your pie!