Friday is my birthday and for my 23rd birthday I wanted to make cupcakes inspired by my favorite chocolates… Raffaello! Today I’m sharing my “recipe” for these yummy vanilla cupcakes with a coconut and white chocolate – buttercream frosting.
Raffaello are little treats from the makers of Fererro Rocher. They’re made up of coconut coated spherical wafers, filled with a milk cream and a whole almond. I love the mixture of textures. The crunch of the almond, the creamy filling, and the flakey coconut. I have to admit, I didn’t make these cupcakes from scratch. I used a boxed cupcake mix and a pre-made buttercream mix, because I’m super busy with school and didn’t have a lot of time. However, I did give these cupcakes my own personal touch by adding some secret ingredients to the premade mixes!
INGREDIENTS (for 12 cupcakes)
- a boxed vanilla cupcake mix or your favorite recipe for vanilla cupcakes
- a buttercream frosting mix or your favorite recipe for vanilla buttercream frosting
- 3 tablespoons white chocolate paste/spread
- 5 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 50 g white chocolate
- a baking tin with cupcake liners/paper cases
- Raffaello chocolates (enough to put one into each cupcake and to put a Raffaello on top of the cupcakes)
- a piping bag and nozzle
- Preheat the oven according to the recipe instructions for the vanilla cupcakes and line a cupcake/muffin tin with the paper cases
- Make your cupcake batter
- Half fill the paper cases with the batter. Press the unwrapped Raffaello chocolates into the batter and cover them with the remaining batter
- Put the cupcakes into the preheated oven
- Meanwhile, make your favorite buttercream frosting
- Add 5 tablespoons of shredded coconut into the frosting (the measurements I provide are for 12 cupcakes, but you can add the coconut and white chocolate spread to taste)
- Melt 3 tablespoons of your white chocolate spread. It has to be soft but it can’t be warm when you pour it into the frosting
- Mix the frosting well and put it in the fridge to chill
- When the cupcakes are done, let them cool
- Melt some white chocolate and dip the tops of the cooled cupcakes into the chocolate
- When the chocolate has hardened, pipe your frosting onto the cupcakes, top with a Raffaello and sprinkle some coconut on top
- Enjoy !
When you bite into these delicious vanilla cupcakes, it reveals a surprise, a delicious Raffaello !
Hope you liked this blogpost !
Untill next time,