My exams are finally over and the new semester has already begun. That’s why I started thinking about different types of breakfast, lunch and snacks that I could make ahead (in the weekends) and refrigerate or freeze so it saves me time during the week.
Last weekend I made these delicious egg muffin cups and I decided to share this recipe with you guys. And yes, these egg muffins are freezable and easy to make !
- 1 red onion (or a regular onion)
- 1 big tomato
- 6 eggs
- Handful of spinach
- spices of choice (I used salt, pepper, paprika and tarragon)
- 12 slot muffin tin
- Baking paper or muffin cups
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F.
- Dice the onion and tomato
- Bake the onion in a little olive oil until soft and add the diced tomato and spinach. Bake/heat for 5 minutes
- In al large mixing bowl, add the eggs and spices and mix well.
- Add the vegetables into the eggs and stir well
- Grease the muffin tin with oil, use some muffin cups or cut out some baking paper to use as cups (definitely saves time on doing the washing up) and pour the egg mixture evenly into the muffin slots. (I got 8 muffins out of 6 eggs)
- Pop the tray into the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the tops are firm to the touch.
- Bon Appétit!
You can add anything you want to these egg muffins: cheese, bell peppers, sausage, ham, bacon… If you freeze them right after you made these, they will taste amazing when you microwave them and it’s a healthy and fast breakfast/lunch/snack option.
By clicking the following link, you will be able to print the recipe (no pictures): recipe-egg-muffin-cups
Let us know in the comments if you tried these !
Lots of love,